US-born international journalist and multimedia storyteller with over 5 years of strong reporting and professional broadcasting experience for a global audience, including in South Korea, Germany and the United States.
Strengths include adhering to tight deadlines and working well with others.
I’m looking for a Producer and On-Air Radio Host position that allows me to use my professional experience and creativity to generate views, create engaging show topics and tell stories people want to blast on social media.
Deutsche Welle (dw.com) // Multimedia Journalist August 2014-Current
Responsible for writing feature stories, editing content, reporting and broadcasting for Germany’s international broadcaster, dw.com
- Live broadcasting a three-and-a-half minute international report complete with audio clips on the top news events of the day for Africalink, an award winning podcast
- Managing in-the-field correspondents and editing their audio and written reports for publication
- Producing feature stories while as a freelance correspondent for the Asian and Environment departments
- Compiling, cutting and publishing Vox pops and audio for Inside Europe, an award winning radio program with features around the continent
- Mixing and cutting videos for the news department
- Featuring top international news on the radio while on the time-sensitive news desk
Awards / Highlights
- Interviewed North Korean defector Park Yeon-mi: ‘I’m still not free’
- Wrote A unique nature insurance policy aims to preserve Mexico’s Great Mayan Reef while on a reporting trip
- Produced for Inside Europe: Germany’s craft beer producers thirst for change
- Live-broadcasted AfricaLink on Air
Gwangju News //Editor and Writer May 2012-April 2014
- Maintained a regular sports column that focused on Korean athletics around the world.
- Wrote feature articles.
- Edited content to be published in the monthly, international English magazine.
- Maintained contact with regular contributors to ensure publications were timely and effective through email and in-person communication.
- Represented the magazine at events and through social media and consistently looked for new writers/editors.
GFN 98.7 //Radio Host and Producer March 2013-March 2014
- Produced, edited, and hosted sports material that covered professional Korean and international sports.
- Informed listeners about community events.
- Hosted radio advertisements.
- Raised social media awareness on Facebook by 30%.
- Informed people about the radio events and programs.
Arirang TV //TV Reporter and Host September 2013-January 2014
- Hosted weekly Korean travel TV videos throughout the entire Korea region.
- Reported on Korean culture, food, and events.
- Recorded voice-over segments for production.
- Presented reports to a live television audience through on-air interviews.
- Interviewed guests on TV.
- Researched events, locations, Korean history, and culture to better present material.
- Translated Korean to English.
- Spoke Korean on air and during interviews.
Bachelors of Arts—Communication—University of Missouri-Saint Louis—Completed 2010