E-Mail: shaymeinecke @ gmail. com
I’m an international journalist, writer, editor, radio host and TV reporter. I have experience working in Germany and South Korea.
I’m looking to obtain an international reporting position with a strong brand and global presence. My goal is to achieve awareness and exposure of international issues through multimedia, in-the-field reporting.
Deutsche Welle (dw.com) // Multimedia Journalist August 2014-Current
- Write news and features for publication on dw.com
- Produce audio news content for Africalink podcast
- Edit media for publication
Gwangju News //Editor and Writer May 2012-April 2014
- Maintained a regular sports column that focused on Korean athletics around the world.
- Wrote feature articles.
- Edited content to be published in the monthly, international English magazine.
- Maintained contact with regular contributors to ensure publications were timely and effective through email and in-person communication.
- Represented the magazine at events and through social media and consistently looked for new writers/editors.
GFN 98.7 //Radio Host and Producer March 2013-March 2014
- Produced, edited, and hosted sports material that covered professional Korean and international sports.
- Informed listeners about community events.
- Hosted radio advertisements.
- Raised social media awareness on Facebook by 30%.
- Informed people about the radio events and programs.
Arirang TV //TV Reporter and Host September 2013-January 2014
- Hosted weekly Korean travel TV videos throughout the entire Korea region.
- Reported on Korean culture, food, and events.
- Recorded voice-over segments for production.
- Presented reports to a live television audience through on-air interviews.
- Interviewed guests on TV.
- Researched events, locations, Korean history, and culture to better present material.
- Translated Korean to English.
- Spoke Korean on air and during interviews.
Bachelors of Arts—Communication—University of Missouri-Saint Louis—Completed 2010